This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to use their retail skills to help creatively build our fashion label and community programs!
The Social Outfit
Part-time Retail Manager
3 days/week: Sunday, Monday and one other weekday roster
Deadline for application, 8am Thursday 28 July.
About The Social Outfit
The Social Outfit is a fashion label with a difference. We are a registered charity and social enterprise whose purpose is to employ and train people from refugee and new migrant communities. We celebrate creativity and our diverse community, and believe fashion and creativity can lead to learning and empowerment. We provide training and employment in clothing production, retail, design and marketing. By working from the traditional and cultural strengths of our diverse community, we aim to build-up lasting skills.
The Social Outfit has been open to our community and the public for 2 years. We have a retail store at 353 King Street Newtown and an online store at http://thesocialoutfit.org/collections/.
Process for this application:
- Applications due by 8am, Thursday 28 July 2016
- You must demonstrate you meet all of the ‘selection criteria’ below
- Your application must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and be no more than 6 pages in total, including a 2-page resume
- Candidates who proceed to interview will need to provide the contact details of two independent referees
- Any questions? Contact Jackie Ruddock on email@example.com
- Applications need to answer each of these criteria directly as a part of your application
- Please do not exceed 4 pages to answer all selection criteria
- Applicants that provide specific examples from your work history when addressing the selection criteria below will be considered positively:
- Solid history of delivering strong retail sales and meeting sales targets
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to introduce new products and outfit customers
- Excellent presentation and visual merchandising skills, including sound stock management procedures
- Experience in building brand awareness and repeat customers both in store and across social media
- Proven ability to coordinate effective team communication
- Experience in managing junior team members and developing the skills of other people in your team
- High level of workplace flexibility and willingness to learn
- High level of interest in the purpose and values of The Social Outfit and our community
- Ability to work Sundays, Mondays and one other week day from our Newtown store
- Ability to attend an interview Saturday 30 July in Newtown
- The suitable candidate will be offered a 6-month fixed term contract of employment
- Pay rate calculated at Retail Employee Level 4, General Retail Industry Award 2010. Gross earnings equates to $31685 per annum, with take home pay each fortnight of approximately $1000.00.
Process for Recruitment
- Applications Open: Mid July 2016
- Applications Close: 8am, Thursday 28 July 2016
- Short listing: Late July 2016
Interviews: Saturday 30 July 2016
Please note: as we are a small organisation, we do not have the ability to provide specific feedback to unsuccessful candidates.