Are you a retailer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace?
Are you seeking access to qualified and professionally trained young female candidates from refugee and new migrant backgrounds?
If you answered "YES!" The Social Outfit would love to hear from you.
Contact Kate Clugston - Partnerships & Development Manager on email@example.com
Right now, there is only 1 job opening for every 13 job seekers in Australia.*
Before Covid-19, refugee women were already one of the most under-employed group of people in Australia**, facing incredibly complex barriers to employment such as: limited language skills, lack of local work experience, limited job seeker support and networks.
Covid-19 has made it even harder for refugee women to gain access to training and employment pathways.
At The Social Outfit, we believe in an Australia where refugees and new migrants are warmly welcomed and supported through a positive settlement experience. Social enterprise provides a flexible and supportive workplace community for newly arrived refugees and migrants and by working together; celebrating our diversity, collective skills and strengths, the workplace becomes an example of multicultural Australia at it’s best.
The Social Outfit’s Retail Training Program is a retail training, work-readiness & employment pathway program for young women from refugee and new migrant backgrounds, who are seeking their first Australian job.
The 12-week program, which is strengthened by multiple cross-sector partnerships, graduates 12+ young refugee and new migrant women per year.
BENEFITS OF PARTNERING WITH US:
- Create CSR impact through supporting a young refugee woman to kick-start her Australian career.
- Enrich and diversify your workplace through hiring refugees and new migrants.
- Share your team’s skills and expertise through hosting an excursion (in your workplace) or joining us as a guest presenter for our online masterclasses.
- Tap into The Social Outfit's powerful stories of change and stunning images to compliment your marketing campaigns.
- Contribute to positive discourse around refugees in Australia - our message is clear "Refugee women have nothing but potential, let's support them to thrive through employment"
To find out more about the program or discuss partnerships please contact Kate Clugston, Partnerships & Development Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
* Australian Council of Social Services, June 30, 2020
** Westpac Foundation & Center for Social Impact, Social Enterprise: A people-centred approach to employment services. August 2019